How I hope you never need services like this, but if you do, be sure to call us for a reference. Paul's company is thorough, honest and reliable. I may have told some of you this, but Paul has an agreement with a large church in Akron.....if the pastor knows of someone whose house has been compromised or ruined (like ours), but the person can't afford to have it fixed, Paul provides his services for free. He has an agreement with his supplier of chemicals that kill the mold to provide the chemicals for free too.
Back to our situation....G says the house looks and smells wonderful and is squeaky clean - if somewhat "vacant" with missing cabinets, walls, etc. I will see it this afternoon.
G and I have an appointment at 2 p.m. to meet with a contractor to receive a bid for his work. He is an architect as well, and has drawn plans for making our bedroom larger (our bed wouldn't fit in the room!) and making some doors accessible (most of the doors and/or walls had to come out anyway because of the damage).
So, as soon as we can make a decision about who will do the work, we're ready to move forward! We continue with choices, kitchen planning decisions.....we'll have to choose a new shower as the shower was mold infested and had to be taken out.
It's a busy and somewhat stressful time, but at least we are moving forward, rather than backward or standing still. It's a blessing. Speaking of blessings, YOU are a blessing for your support during this time! And once again, for your love and support we thank you!
6 comments:
Another milestone passed! The fun stuff will begin soon. Once you've chosen your contractor, you can start watching things get right again, and that will be refreshing, I'm sure. Once you've got into the pattern of decision-making, I think you'll begin to have fun with it all, and I'm sure you guys will be delighted as your choices are installed. You've finally made it to the downside of the hill. Happy sledding!
Great news Jan, stage one is complete at loonnng last.
Making a blog to recall all of these events was a great idea, plus writing down your thoughts was a good way to get them out of your head and into perspective.
This next chapter will be a much more enjoyable one, though you will have to jump some hurdles!
I'm looking after Joseph and Charlie (his 4 year old brother) all today and night while his parents attend a wedding. Luckily it is a sunny day so we can do some gardening and walk to the park.
Have a great weekend.
Love
Peggy
It sounds like things are moving forward. Prayers of thanksgiving for you!
I am so happy for you. I know it's not over yet, but what a blessing to be mold free.
Regarding your comment about Joseph and Charlie, they are no relation. I've known their mother since she was 7 (now 34). Its a win/win situation for both of us....she gets a break one day a week and I get to spend time with 2absolutely gorgeous boys....they were so well behaved yesterday, although I must admit they had me wrapped around their little fingers!
yay mom! Glad things are progressing well.. :-) Melanie
Post a Comment