It appears that we will be able to begin reconstruction this week - perhaps as early as Tuesday! In a previous post, I mentioned that we were interviewing yet another contractor - one who was recommended by a new friend, Carol. At the time, I felt that it was a waste of time to interview someone else.....and yet we trusted Carol's opinion. Carol increased the size of her home by 1/3, (2 years ago), with Mark doing all the work. She has also used Mark in her office complex. So we interviewed Mark, who is also an architect. He suggested a few awesome changes that would make the house work better. His bid came back last week. We sat with him and asked final questions. It seems meant to be, and he would supervise all of the work. The work might be completed in as little as 8 weeks from the start of construction... or it could take up to 12 weeks. We hope to meet with him tomorrow and sign the contract. On November 12, it wil be 8 months since we closed on the house.
2 comments:
Oh, I am so happy for you. Progress! I look forward to pics of the reconstruction!
Still praying that all goes well.
This is great news! Progress feels good.
Post a Comment