Sunday, January 4, 2009

House update

A friend reminded me that I've not posted news about the house in a while (someone actually reads this!!!).  Work is progressing.  The drywall is up and floated and the sanding of it will begin tomorrow.  Supplemental heat has been brought in because the work wasn't finished before really cold weather.  Standing water destroyed the old heating system on the main floor.  The mold expert suggested not installing the new heating system until all the framing and drywall construction was finished, because the ducts would hold too much dust and stuff and have an ill effect on my allergies.  Thus - the 8 supplemental heaters.  I don't want to see the electric bill!  We haven't asked for a move-in update.   I think it is doubtful we'll make it in this month. But I also feel sure that sometime in February we'll be able to move in. In the meantime, I've "served" 3 weeks in this shoulder sling and have 3 weeks to go.  My physical therapy starts this next Tuesday.  

2 comments:

Lolosblog said...

That sounds like great news to begin 2009!

Hope you had a happy new year and good luck on the PT!

McMGrad89 said...

I am so glad that 2009 is having such a positive start for you. You certainly deserve it. Glad to hear about the progress.